Finding an ideal Host couldn’t be easier with our national database. All you have to do is follow these 5 easy steps.
1. Register & Create Profile
- Fill out registration page and profile
- Search potential Hosts available in your area
2. ID & Background Checks
Pass the ID verification and background check to unlock smart search and view full profiles (Verification is on the menu bar once you register). Requires a one-off fee of £20. See Safeguarding for full details.
A ‘pass’ is shown as a green ID icon on your profile, grey for ‘still pending’. For your security you can only connect with Hosts who’ve passed.
3. Shortlist & Subscribe to Connect
Smart search by personality, background, if someone has a DBS certificate or is Covid vaccinated. Create shortlist. (stored under your ‘Profile’.)
Choose a subscription package to be able to connect. There are 3 options starting from £45 for 1 month. See Pricing for full details.
4. Interview, Decide & Sign a Contract
You may want to ask a Host for a DBS Certificate or you may not feel it necessary. See Safeguarding for full guidelines.
Organise an online interview, and follow up with an interview in person.
- Agree the fee of between £58-£81 per week (£250-£350 per month).
- Agree the activity details of the homeshare.
- Use our free contract template to help tailor it.
5. Make Admin Changes
- Check you are included on the Host’s council tax unless you are paying it elsewhere
- Take out a home insurance policy to cover your belongings